Apprenticeship in Herbal Medicine
Time & Location
About the Event
This enjoyable and informative class is taught by Deborah Lee, Ph.D. Holistic Health Practitioner. It will give you a workable knowledge of herbal remedies for personal and family use. You will have fun, learn a lot, get dirty and make preparations to take home. A 384-page textbook (The Herbal Medicine-Makers Handbook, by James Greene; 384 pages) is included! It will provide years of guidance. NOTE: THERE ARE 2 SEPARATE TIMES SLOTS, either: Wensday 6pm - 9pm or Thursday 9am-12pm
This is the Thursday morning class - 9 AM - Noon
Hands-on learning with 9 weekly sessions includes:
- Make - herbal preparations and take them home for your personal care kit
- Gain - valuable tips for disease prevention, first aid, and family health.
- Learn - Safe use of common health-enhancing herbs for daily use.
- Discover - a naturopathic view of how “dis-ease” forms, and ways to reverse the process.
- Enjoy - weekly plant treks in the herb garden & a separate field trip
- Make and take home - infusions, decoctions, tea, and more.
- Make and take home: - fixed oils, salves, lip balms, and bath salts.
- Make and take home - tinctures and master formula.
- Learn about - drying and preserving methods.
- Learn about - medical actions and terminology.
- Learn about - candida fungus and how to address it.
- Learn about - essential oils and use some in your make and take items
- Learn about - flower essences and make a personal formula for your health
Class times: Thursday mornings, 9-12 AM
Price $500.00 This covers 9 classes, a 380-textbook & extensive materials.
Limit: 12 per class; Enrollment is on a 1st paid basis.
Master Herbalist, Deborah Lee, has studied and worked with medicinal herbs extensively for more than 30 years. She is a nationally known expert on wild edible plants and a U of I Master Gardener. In addition to personally researching and using culinary and medicinal plants regularly, Deborah has taught more than 2,000 classes on the topic and guided thousands of people to greater health. She has authored the book, Exploring Nature’s Uncultivated Garden; numerous magazines articles, and a 90-minute DVD, Wild and Free…Eat the Weeds”.
Deborah has a Ph.D. in Nutrition, an MS in Environmental Education, BS in Psychology, and an OM, Ordained Minister. Post-doctoral work includes certification as an NLP Master-Practitioner and an Advanced-Certified Flower Essence Practitioner. Deborah lives in rural Quincy, IL at her Four Winds Farm Agri-Tourism center, where teaches and sees clients.
- Medicinal Herb Class-Morning$500+$12.50 Service fee$500+$12.50 Service fee0$0